Friday, November 1, 2013

Sweet November

October felt like a blur. Wait. I think I say that a lot. But reality is- with three toddlers, all at the same age and activity level- we are moving at warp speed Mostly because my event was in the month but also because we just did a lot. Alissa and I had a silent bucket list that we wanted to tackle a few fall bucket list things. Mostly your typical fall stuff like good coffee from common grounds, a girls night(which is now officially planned for a p!nk concert in Dallas in November), pumpkin patch pics, a clever Halloween costume for the trips and a arboretum trip to Dallas with the kids to see that amazing pumpkin village.

We had a month full of work, adventure, JOY and growth. I hit my event goal on 10/21 and took that week to regroup with the kids. They missed me, I missed them and Whit...

Now I feel like the page on the calendar turns and we enter such a special season. I want to be mindful of the season and mindful of God. I have a lot of worry on my shoulders about some family decisions and also this season of our children seeing greed in this holiday season and teaching them the difference in what we are urged to do and what we should be doing. I want to teach them the act of selflessness and giving others gifts and how much more rewarding it is than receiving. I want Him to lead the way in these teachings. I also want to do better in finding everyday joy and knowing that He will carry me.

Work is good. Whits work is good. Our family is good and as we enter November I feel so thankful. Thankful for my family, my faith, my love for Jesus and my love for this season. Gratitude brings joy to my heart and it's even easier to be thankful when I think of that November three years ago when I got that faint pink line the day after Thanksgiving. November was always special to me- but feeling thankful was bursting out of my heart and burning my eyes that year. I was thankful to be pregnant, but little did I know, I would be thankful x 3. We know lots of pregnant family members and friends and I am so thankful they get to experience this season of joy while they carry their own sweet bundle. Such a special time.

Joy is my word for November. A word I am choosing to focus on. Not because I am not joyful, but because in life group we talked about how God commands us to be joyful. I think I am more "glass half empty", when I should be finding joy in every situation. When my kids are all crying and I am sweating and we are in Dallas, four hours past nap time- I need to take a breath and find joy in the fact that I have three crying kiddos and in two more hours I will have a camera full of memories to upload and three cribs to put them all in....





We decorated some Halloween cupcakes with magic icing. Well, I decorated, they ate.




I had to sneak in a pic of last Halloween-wow, round little faces, helmets (not pictured) little hair and no fits :) Now they have minds of their own, think they have to eat the candy (all right then), and look more like kids than babies.

brothers.

becker won the sweetest and best of the triplets award at the arboretum in Dallas. You might wonder why you don't see many pics of gg frolicking in the hay maze- thats because she chose to eat candy corn and sit in the stroller. #awesome

Riggs was happy to push her.

but sweet becks-he couldn't get enough of this place, to be honest- I couldn't either. So worth the trip folks. So worth it. I saw a group of friends enjoying a picnic with no kids and some wine...I wanted to dive into their blanket like a slip n'slide. Little jealousy.



Also in October was, open blind night. A night for these sweet kids to show their skills. GG sat frozen most of the class- but you could tell, she has really come around and does participate :) We can't wait for her recital. 


At their MDO class they worked on a little fall program. I of course forgot my zoom lens so this was the best I got. We have a few videos and they really did know the song! 


my girl gg has some mad dancing skills.

three blind mice.......

Happy November friends...choose joy. 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment