Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sweet Land of Liberty part I

Whit was off for four straight days. I think I forgot what it was like to be co-parents. I definitely forgot what it was like to have him there for every meal, bath, ah - ha moment when some babble was said and for every single bed time routine. It was good. I cooked, I cleaned, yep, I was  super mom for sure. 



My dad introduced them to "cannies"

Lots of change has been presenting itself to us and sometimes I think I get confused with what I want and the will of God. I don't know who's voices I'm hearing! Communication is a constant work in progress in our house, in any house I think. I think the day to day gets the very best of us and the communication at the end of the day takes a back seat. I remember this movie and in it, this family did a thing at dinner time called high/low. They told each other their high moment of the day and their low moment of that day. This is so good. Keeps communication flowing and focuses on highlights and stuff that makes us sad/worried/confused. I am implementing this into our night time routine(whatever time that occurs). 





Randomly I have run into a few people who have made mention of this blog. Because I can see my stats I know how many views, where they are coming from and am flattered by the activity I see from all over. I hope this is a place for answers on triplets(multiples), working moms and dads and overall a place of "man, we all struggle." Little successes are fun to look back on when I read past posts. I print them/bind them from year to year and one day my littles will enjoy this journal of their lives. My only regret: I wish I would have been detailed on their lives in the NiCU. I was cautious, rarely posted and gave little detail. I was fearful that the statistic of less than 30% chance of taking all three home would ring true in our lives. I hope you will share this blog with others and tell friends about posts that have helped you , made you laugh or that will answer a question they may have. 



As I reflect back on this weekend- it was perfect in every way. I'm sad to see it go but oh so thankful  to have this important job with march of dimes of saving babies. Babies just like mine that deserve to spend Fourth of July with their moms and dads. I'm also thankful to have received a restful weekend with no work calls, no interruptions, no nagging to do list and no one wanting my time- except for my family and friends. 





Ill post fourth pics soon! Still catching up!
Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment