Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Working mom hamster wheel

When we were kids we had hamsters. I used to love being their momma and making their "house", a home for them. I made sure they had lots of those tunnels to crawl around in and lots of things to play on- I think I felt bad for them, that they couldn't leave their house. I loved the wheel. Well, until I realized what nocturnal was.

You see, I'm a "must have sleep" girl. So when my hamster started pounding away at the wheel at midnight until 3am- I was over that little guy. He was quickly placed in the hallway. Lately I've felt out of breath and like I'm on that wheel when it comes to the juggle. Life, kids, new work responsibilities- you know, just the routine.

So, I've been looking at ways to plan for the summer and have goals and things to look forward to while really enjoying our weird weather. I've also set mini 3 year house goals in my head and started reading a funny book by one of the writers of the office. I think planning my free time gives me a happy feeling because I feel like I am getting the most out of my one with the kids and my alone time/hubby time.

This also allows me to see the future and not feel overwhelmed with the present.

So here is what is going on...in my head.
Summer Vacation plans
Kitchen remodel thoughts
Are we done having kiddos?
What are Gods next plans for us?
What is he calling us to do?
How do I manage all of my teams at work in an 8 hour day?!
The kids second birthday party
Date nights need to get back on schedule

Lately I've been squeezing in lunch with the kids once a week and a lot of park dates ;) its been 50 degrees in the morning and 70 by lunch. Love it.

Happy Friday.
Hope your weekend is full of yummy food, a good movie, a magazine read and a Starbucks.






No comments:

Post a Comment