Thursday, December 27, 2012

Nest

It was wonderful. It was grand. It was the best birthday party I have ever been to. Christmas morning was joy.

I knew the kids, not yet two, had no real idea who Jesus or Santa was, but as a momma, I knew we had started the ball rolling on what Christmas was all about. As they walked down the hall, they took turns squealing like they usually do. When they turned the corner and saw all of the unopened presents- they were in complete amazement. They marched from the train table to the kitchen. They couldn't play with anything for longer than 10 seconds. They kept looking at us like "hey, did you see all of this?!" They giggled and pushed each other out of the way to get to everything in a hurry. GG kept taking wooden food to Alissa {yep, we had our 4th kid home for Christmas morning too} and asking her to open the food. Because they had slept in- it was after breakfast!

The morning was buzzing with joy. We did stockings, presents and babies. My heart was full. And there it all was. Too much joy for my heart. All those years, all those tears. All those moments singing silent night with no little girl/boy {or 3} in my arms. No wonder of what the morning would be like with kids. This was it- this is what it was like. This was what it would be like for years to come.

We gave Alissa some goodies and she gave us some really thoughtful goodies. Including a camera strap for my new rebel that I love, oh so much. I gave whit a nest that he controls with his iPad. He loved it. There was trash everywhere and we needed to clean up and head to aunt Karen's for her big christmas breakfast- but all I could think about was the joy God had given me.

I was reminded of all those bargains I had made with him in my prayers. I remember promising him that I would be the best mom, that I would teach them about Him, that I would teach them love, that I would love them whole-heartedly.

As we collected the trash and the kids played, I asked Whit if he loved his new nest. He said I love it. Then he glanced around the room and said, "how do you like your nest?"

I was speechless. This is exactly what I expected. My heart is full. My nest is full.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

















No comments:

Post a Comment