Sunday, December 23, 2012

A day in bed

Yep, spent the whole day in bed. I watched two movies, ate laying down, didn't shower... Sounds like luxury??? NO! My back literally went OUT! No, "I'm in pain, but I can power through this!" nope, this was completely debilitating.

I thought I had slept on it wrong yesterday when I started feeling a twinge of pain as I did the night time routine with the babies. By 10 I realized I needed a pain pill. Then this morning whit and I planned on doing the am routine then he would head to work. I had big plans. I was going to wrap during their am nap and clean house. Then in the afternoon I would bake some things for our neighbors while the babes napped.
WRONG!

I realized quickly that I could not stand. We called the doctor and he called in an anti-inflammatory and pain meds. Said it sounded like a compresses nerve. Whit turned his schedule upside down and aunt Kim and Karen came to the rescue.

The busiest time of year and I am on my back. The babies looked at me like what in the world? gg couldn't believe I was so lazy! They cried for me and it broke my heart. Not exactly what I had in mind for my days off with the babies.

Once again, I am reminded that God wants us to slow down during this busy time and remember the reason. I think he literally had to knock me down to make me appreciate this season and not rush through it. Message received.

Slow down friends, enjoy every minute of joy this Christmas!!! I am better tonight and Christmas eve church is looking like a possibility!









No comments:

Post a Comment