Saturday, December 22, 2012

A Lot Clingy

To say this has been a breezy season would be very inaccurate. I think people see the joys of multiples as- dressing them alike, them all favoring one another, "the three best friends anyone ever did have", and just having triplets in general.

They overlook the hellacious bath time ritual, taking three that are all on the same level out to lunch/dinner and this odd(i haven't figured it out quite yet) need to be entertained rather than playing with toys and other kids like single babies. They depend on one another and us- little independence.

It makes sense. They play in this(fun but isolating) play room day in and day out with me or Alissa or Whit and don't have a lot of social Interaction.....so when we do go to play dates- they cling, they cry- they cannot believe we would even consider the thought of them PLAYINg in public! What?!

When we go to people's homes for dinner other kids play and interact. I hold all three of mine- two usually crying. SO, I reached out to another triplet mom and here is what she said:
1. Hers did the same thing
2. I was right to consider mothers day out in the summer(winter is flu season).
3. Schedule a play date a week even though they freak out
4. Get out more than once or twice a week
5. Prepare for more sickness at MDO, just goes with the territory
6. This is a hard season that she saw fade at 3.
WAIT? Three?? They turn two in May!

Moms of multiples, comment away! I want your tips and tricks!! I want my kiddos to be confident, strong and comfortable. I know this will come with time and age but I want to do the best job preparing them . We love the church nursery and will continue that route on Sundays. The kids love the praise music and this is a nice transition.

Christmas is around the corner. I hope you are all enjoying more kiddo time and not feeling the seasonal stress!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment