Monday, December 17, 2012

A better heart

I'm done being angry. I've turned the media coverage off. It was senseless and hateful but I have a new perspective.

In church yesterday this stood out to me "We are all overcome with grief for this tragedy. But we can all rejoice in knowing that 20 children marched into heaven on Friday without even making the choice. They are in the arms of God tonight." I though wow. That's it. There is the joy. I've got the joy knowing they are looking down over their parents and siblings saying,"it's okay, he has us!" That is all I could ask for for my three- they would be in the arms of Jesus saying, "mom, He's got us!"

The media brought out the momma bear in me and I had to put him away. I regrouped with prayers for understanding and holding my babies extra tight. I noticed a stricter in/out in the church nursery and breathed a little easier. I am thankful and saddened at the same time. I was determined to find joy this weekend and not let that monster steel one more moment of happy.

Our weekend was full. Lots of rest(for a momma with a cough), we went to Mayborn, chik-fil-a, Rudy's, church, Casa, aunt Karen's for some meatloaf/mashed potatoes! We are full and blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment