Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The night before

I'm a wreck. Yep, nervous and anxious. I've only had two surgeries in my life; one trying to have a baby and one having three babies. Hand surgery was not on my to do list.

Tomorrow morning I will be wheeled back and hopefully out with new, working hands. A lot of words have been thrown at me this week and tonight my head is swimming. Vascular, nerve damage, hands elevated, no driving, no texting?!, no eating, no brushing your own teeth? What In the world?

To say that I'm in a full state of panic is an understatement. Im thinking of all that needs to be done for the kids, work, etc. etc........

But right now I am going to stop. I'm going to focus on the good here. Yep, the silver lining.

My event is going great. My chairs and past chair are working overtime. Our sweet Alissa has literally pledged her life to us for the next few weeks, she has prepared everything!!!, my march of dimes team has all pitched in, my hubby is taking over the breakfast routine, my sweet family is all helping in shifts, my moms of multiples are all praying, my sweet friends are all preparing meals, my neighbors are bringing over paper goods and daily devotionals- how much better could this get? God is present. He is here. He has put his hand on my shoulders and I know that this too shall pass.

I hope everyone has a great week and takes a moment to just be thankful. I spent my lunch at home today in the front yard on a blanket with Riggs, Becker and Gianna. A break from my normal meeting packed lunch. It was breezy and nice. Do it one day this week. It's unexpected bliss.

1 comment:

  1. Is the surgery you're having for carpal tunnel?
    My mum recently had that done and although she was sore for about 3ish weeks afterwards, she says she's never felt better. She can sit and crochet for hours now without getting ANY pain in her hands and wrists.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete