Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adios Amigos

Day 1
It's weird how being irresponsible feels so freeing when you're responsible for so much. Today we flew to cabo. Our usual vacation group all together again. We took a year off last year because we had just brought the babies home. I feel like my lungs are full of a much needed breath. Here, you don't connect much. Not to the Internet, not to texting, not to making phone calls. It's costs so much- that you kind of just- disconnect.

I love how no one needs me. I love how I'm my own schedule. I love how mornings don't revolve around a routine- but in the same breath I miss each one of those things just as bad as i enjoy the freedom. How can you leave things you need a break from and miss them all in the same day?

There are a lot of kids here. Oddly enough, all the same age as the triplets. This makes me miss them. Like a mom who is breastfeeding who hears a baby cry- I long for their tight holds and their new found freedoms. Riggs has been taking one or two steps but a call today announced five whole steps in one go. :( I've watched these couples love on their only children in awe of the freedoms of taking one baby on vacation. I even watched as a nanny came along with a young couple and their one baby. I'm excited about our plan in the coming months to take one baby at a time to Dallas/Austin for an overnight and some one on one time. No schedule?!

Lots of rain here- first time they have had this much since 2001. This is definitely God telling me to relax.

Day 2

The rain is gone and the sun is out. I received the best massage I've ever had. I actually fell asleep. No lists, no nagging things in my mind that I need to accomplish, no one expecting something of me. Just me and the ocean banging loudly wherever I am. Dinner out tonight at sunset di Mona Lisa- beautiful sunset. Makes me appreciate the beach and it's rare beauty. Had a few of those fruity drinks by the pool. Weird, but I was reminded of the last time we were in cabo. I had just had a failed cycle and was angry. I was still hopeful of the next cycle but remember not really wanting to drink, thinking that would effect the next cycle. Ha.

Day 3
Went on a yacht today. Perfection. This is how the other half live? Miss my babies a whole lot today. I miss putting them down. Reminds me of how hard the work week is with them in one place and me in another. I want more time with them. I want to watch Riggs take five steps in a row. I want to do it all. Work and be a good momma.
Amy ordered a vodka filled watermelon. Ha, are we 19? It was fun. Tasted terrible but so fun. After we got back to our villa I went upstairs. I was sunburned and needed a shower. When I got out guess what was on? DIRTY dancing! My favorite. I enjoyed two hours alone lying in bed listening to the ocean and dozing off to dd. the best. We had BBQ delivered to our room and whit cooked it all on the grill. Perfect night.

Day 4
I woke up thinking tomorrow I will be on my way home. How can I miss home in just 4 days? How can three littles rock my world so much ;)
We went zip lining and it was awful! It was like a 14 mile crazy hike with desert like temps and insane conditions. Amy and I couldn't believe it was only $98. Now we know why. They told us to be sure and tell our friends!! Hahahahahha .
The rest of the day we hung out by the pool. The boys were playing golf so we ordered food, drinks and dessert by the pool. Dinner at an American owned Italian eatery. Incredible.

Day 5
Home. One mission and the only thing on my to do list. We waited in customs for 2 hours. Torture. At one point I wasn't sure we would see the babies before bed. Whew. We made it. Riggs learned to kiss, Becker was talking up a storm and gg, she now raises her eyebrows. What?. These kids are perfect. As great as Capella is and as wonderful as the clarity vacation brings is-these three are a life long vacay that I will never be able to describe. Miss Alissa cared for them while we were away. We had some breaks scheduled with another sitter for her but for the most part she played mom and dad for 4 nights. #sheisaweaome.

Glad to be back to my little routine, my long lists of to do's, my big bed and my sweet 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment