Tuesday, August 14, 2012

One pot momma

Sometimes dinner is just another thing on the list of things to do. When the kids first came home I was exhausted but because they slept, there was time to whip up dinner.

Lately when I get home-I make their dinner, then it's a whirlwind-then we we either get take out or I make something we don't really care about and it's just nourishment. So today when I came home and had 15 minutes before nap time was over- I made a one pot meal.

I had forgotten how easy these were and how I can make these in the morning before work. Not your typical crock pot meal- no, something someone says,"what? This took 15 minutes to prepare!" So here goes, I am a one pot momma. A busy momma that works full time and then some and raises triplets.... And I'm making one pot meals you would love!! I plan on making one (or three) ha a week. I'll share the successes with you!

Tonight's was yummy!

I sliced one white onion thin and placed it in a 9x13 baking dish. I then peeled and sliced(thick) two large potatoes and placed them on top of the onions. Then I placed a third of a bag of spinach on top of the potatoes. Then small, boneless pork chops on top of that. I made a simple sauce out of two cups of chicken broth, a cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of milk, a tablespoon of garlic salt and a dash of pepper. I poured this over the dish and covered with foil. I baked at 350 for about an hour and twenty minutes covered with foil.

It was perfect!!! You can make with chicken breasts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment