Sunday, April 8, 2012

What if • day 30(final)

Well here it is, the final day of what ifs. I cannot think of a more appropriate day to end my "what if" series.

We had a great weekend. The crawfish boil that grant and Karen hold every year was fun and full of life. We went to a friends birthday party and wrapped up our weekend with a full day of Easter and family. Whew, I'm tired but as I am typing the babies are playing so loud and I am thankful for the noise.

In church today they told the traditional Easter story- except I had never heard of all the thunder and commotion that went on after his crucifixion. I loved knowing that the people who crucified Him were like-" shoot maybe He was the son of God!!" The preacher reminded us that we shouldn't wait for a commotion- we should walk into his inviting arms. I thought a lot about the story and how lucky I was to grow up in a home that knew God and that I have the ability to teach and share his word to my children. I love the stories I already know and the new ones that I learn in this journey. He told us to follow him but to follow closely and not at a distance.... To be faith based and not fear based... To live with boldness and expectation.... A heart of abandonment when it comes to knowing Jesus.

I left feeling full. We picked the babies up from the nursery and I was reminded once again that Gods plans for me are happening. The rest of the day was filled with our babies, lunch, naps and a walk just before the storm. Then in honor of the Masters, Whit made us Arnold Palmers :)

So as I turn off the light on another blessed weekend I am thinking... What if?

What if Jesus didn't sacrifice everything for us? What if he didn't forgive us of all of our sins and love us completely-unconditionally?

Happy Easter everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment