Friday, April 6, 2012

What if • day 29

Sorry its been so long. Life has definitely gotten in the way... But this post will be full of updates and pics. Hope that makes up for the lack of posts!

I traveled to Vancouver for a fundraising conference this week. While I had been away from the babies for a quick overnight- this was my first 3-4 day trip away. I learned a ton, enjoyed being in a wonderful city, loved being alone (NO ONE asked me to do anything for them one time!!!) and came back rejuvenated with work and my efforts to bring in more money! While the days were filled with learning- the early evenings I had a chance to check out the city! Cherry blossom trees, the beluga whale, a food market that would make the food network blush and a ton of rainy day walking that made me smile. Oh and I ran into the lead singer of bush, Gavin rosdale(I named riggs after him), he was super nice and I was super star struck! We has a nice conversation and he signed this pic I had in my book of the trips.

When I retuned, KJ had given birth to a BEAUTIFUL 9 pound 4 ounce baby girl named Caitlin that I fell instantly in love with. She went home yesterday and they are settling in with their sweet girls.

I settled back into my routine, thankful that I made it to Dallas with the 200+ flight cancellations due to the storms. On Thursday, I was off and met a sweet girl who is struggling with infertility. I met her through a friend of a friend and a heart-grabbing website. Her friends have gotten together and our telling her story in efforts to raise money on her behalf for ivf. Her story is powerful and once I receive permission I will post it here for you to check out. God placed her in my life I am certain. He has plans for us. I felt a sense of calm and peace as I told her our story.. As if he was urging me to be a part of hers.

I love telling this story and it will never get old to me. I love telling people how angry I was and how my heart was set on fire when I witnessed the miracles he places in our lives. Ive always loved him and believed in him but I am ashamed to say I had doubts that burdened my heart after such a long struggle. We had armies praying for us and he answered- who wouldn't want to share that?

This week Alissa told me that our house has a "smell". Not a bad one, you know the kind everyone has that smells like "them". She tried to describe it for me and with no luck she told me to go into my closet. She said, you probably can't smell it.. She was right, I really couldn't. This reminded me of smells growing up and today I thought about the way mema pats house smelled on Easter Sunday. It smelled of mashed potatoes, coconut, oven-cooked brisket and this feeling of "all is good" that I will never be able to describe... I wish there was some closet I could go in, and get close. The babies are ready. They have their Easter duds, their bunny ears, an abundance of sweet potato puffs- all ready for Easter weekend! Oh and a mommy and daddy excited about their first Easter. This was also a church holiday I avoided in the past. I'm proud I say that I will definitely shed some tears on Sunday, but tears of a different kind.

I've asked myself most of the day: what if I wasn't given all of this JOY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment