Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tire Sale

I was driving yesterday when I passed a sign that said, "tire sale". I thought about how many people drove by and didn't even notice. I thought about how I noticed but didn't need tires so I didn't stop. I thought about all the work that probably went into that sale. They probably mailed a flier, changed their website, updated pricing and their employees on the sale. They probably took out an ad in the paper or paid some gorilla to stand on the curb on Saturday to promote the sale. My point is a lot of work went into this sale- when the truth is not very many people notice things like that. Just like our everyday lives.

It made me think of all of my friends and the daily struggle. Whether its kids or just work in general- its a lot of work. That ever- changing hamster wheel that we stay on. I remember talking to someone last weekend at 9:30am when I had been up for two hours- who was still in bed. Dang, I was jealous. Sometimes I think what it everyone just stepped off the wheel?! ;) wouldn't that be nice!

But time marches on and so do we. Work all week and most of the time the weekends are more WORK! But, that's when we relish in the good times. It might be a cold beer on a patio somewhere with loud music or left over pizza and 15 minutes of alone time with the husband. It might be on the front lawn with triplets when no one is watching or it might be at lunch with a friend- it's why we stay on the wheel.

I think there are people who do and people who don't. Those of us who do, could run circles around the don'ts before 9am on a Saturday morning.

So put out your tire sale sign- it's gonna be a busy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment