Sunday, March 25, 2012

What if • day 27

I think timing is everything. I've often talked about God's plans for us and I am a real believer in his timing. I think there is a time and a place for everything and every relationship.

I remember making friends in elementary and how those best friend necklaces were the concrete bond that sealed a friendship ;) I remember thinking, shoot I need to make more friends and fast!! It was always funny to me how that played out. He had plans for me... But they were plans to meet wonderful people along the way. Timing.

This past week I went to a memorial service for a past employer and friend. She was special. Her service was beautiful, touching and exactly what she would have wanted, had she planned it herself. I had taken her a meal around the holidays and remember thinking to myself, "She is a fighter, she is too tough for cancer." The service was outside and the sun was beautiful and warm. I loved the closeness that it brought her friends and family. Very sweet.

Also this week a dear sweet lady that I had just known for a few months was taken too soon. A few of my friends were very close to her and are struggling to come to terms with why so soon? She was an angel to so many and I can't help but to think of God's plans for her.

I'm always thrown back to his plan. What if we made our own rules, our own destiny? What if we knew when our last days would be? What if we wrote our own plans?

What if we had the patience and belief in him to give him the wheel? As I enter into the week I'm going to do better, at giving him the wheel. Im going to start now instilling this in my three.

We had a great weekend filled with our own little doses of timing ;) All in his plan.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment