Monday, March 19, 2012

What if • day 25

Whit had a customer this week that told him about a onesie at old navy that said mommy's good egg across the front. She explained that she too did fertility and had twins.

This made me think about where we were last year at this time. We had decided on what baby would have what name. We knew at this point they wouldn't change positions and that what we named them would be their order out etc.

It took me back to that day in October in Dr. Selah's office. That was the day they would look at our embryos one last time before transfer. That was the day the embryologist told us we had a really good one, an okay one and a not so good one. That was when she said we will probably put in the two best, we should dispose of the third because it probably won't make it to freeze. This was also the day my mother instincts came out and I said, "no, we're putting in all three- I want to talk to the doctor."

He agreed with us and we rolled the dice.

You know where this is going... What if I agreed and settled? What if we had said okay and not given out third "good egg" a shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment