Sunday, March 11, 2012

What if • day 24

I love Saturdays and I love the rain. I love Sundays and the productivity the sunshine brought to this one. I've been tired as usual but my sudden surge of energy, after a restful day of rain was a nice change.

Whit and I had time away together on Saturday and we made the most of it. We met Cameron and Jill for lunch, had some much needed downtime, returned some things at the mall, ate a cookie(flex points!), bought paint at lowe's, picked up our new babysitter tablet at scribbles and loved having the afternoon together. We rarely take time to just run errands but rather schedule out around an event- which defeats the purpose!

I've put my toe in the water with my catering again. Nothing huge just a few jobs a week. It was nice to be on a deadline but being able to juggle it all with the babies, was great-something I've been scared of since they were born.

We cleaned out the dining room- the catch-all since they arrived, put up the triplet table, made a yummy breakfast, fed three babies about 20 times, painted some high chairs for their birthday party, did 10 loads of laundry, made baby food for all three babies for for 10 days and managed to play life, sorry and UNO!!!!

Tonight we ran next door for a yummy steak dinner with the family and as I made bottles, I once again was visited with feelings of thankfulness. Thankful tonight for all the special people who lend a hand to our world. Because all of the things we accomplished this weekend could never be, without them. :) I'm also thankful for a rich marriage. Rich in love, direction and more importantly, rich in focus. We are both focused on doing the very best for our kids.

I watched the news tonight and saw where a baby in an adults custody was found with a blood alcohol level 3x the legal limit of an adult. Made me sad and mad. Where is his focus?

As I say good-night to another weekend I finish it with questions swirling around in my head. What if a generous friend didn't buy us this neat beeba cooker? What if Aunt Karen, Aunt Sterling, Aunt ET & Aunt kim didn't run over to feed every day? What if sweet whit wasn't off all day to enjoy all the "1st" this pretty Sunday? What if our sweet Alissa had moved to Dallas and not taken us on as a job? What if our sweet three weren't given the opportunities we are about to give them?

No comments:

Post a Comment