Thursday, March 8, 2012

What if • day 23

Talent. I think everyone has one. Maybe it's painting, speaking in public, decorating an empty space, sewing, cooking.... These are all talents that we have to nurture.

I love to cook and have since I was a kid. In my adult life I've almost adapted it as some sort of therapy. I love dropping off an unexpected meal, a needed meal or a random batch of cookies as a token of encouragement.

Today, our sweet Nanny Alissa had a trunk show with all of her amazingly cute children's clothes. All custom designed with fabrics you choose. I am simply gushing over the cuteness she put together. Yes, proud momma.

I couldn't help but notice how people who popped in were in awe of her talent. I love that she has this fun platform that she can share the talent God has given her.

I think nurturing our talents and sharing them with others is key. I think we feel good when we get to say, " hey look what I did!"

I've been taking a meal a month to an older lady. Her granddaughter lives out of state and wanted to send her some yummy meals. I look forward to our visits. She always looks forward to telling me what she loved about the last meal and what her days have been filled with. This is more than just me cooking and taking her a meal. This is the part about talent that I love. Through talents, we are tapping into others!!!!

We should all nurture our talents. The world would be flat if we just did what was expected. What if we didn't notice others talents?

What if we were all good at the same things? Boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment