Sunday, February 12, 2012

What if • day 9

I wasn't really inspired to write today. Was sort of all out of what ifs. That was until Gianna fell asleep on me in such a rare moment/time/place.

My schedule is very very predictable. My kids have been on a strict schedule since the day they were born. They eat at 8,12,4 & 8 and they all go down to sleep within 1-2 hours after every feed. It's kind of funny, but you can set your clock to it. Some people think its crazy and ask us how. I think if we had one baby we would be "normal" and let our kids wake and eat whenever but because we are out-numbered we have to wake them to feed so they are not taking turns all day.

So, about three or four weeks ago Gianna had decided she would no longer sleep after the 4 o'clock feed. She is fun and playful until about 7 and at that point you have to walk around with her or pull out some entertainment gadget every five minutes. If you leave her to cry it out, I assure you, she will win. By 8 she is ready to eat and absolutely impossible by 8:30. She does go to bed at this point for the night, but those 3 hours before(prime making dinner, doing laundry doing anything time!!) she is a bear.

Today was pretty much like any other day. They were on schedule. At the 4pm feed they ate and played. GG did her normal thing and came to play in my bed after I put the boys down. However today, she rolled off my legs and on to my down comforter. She stared at the paisleys and moved her hands along the fabric. Less than two minutes later, she was completely out. Gianna is a fairly light sleeper and has a hard time going to sleep so this was totally crazy. I couldn't help but to be completely surprised. I was prepared for the marathon. I had already made dinner in prep of not being able to do a single thing but entertain her! What? She was asleep?

Made me think of that pat green song that says " wouldn't life be awfully boring if the good times were all that we had" sometimes being a mom is hard and sometimes seasons like teething or irregular sleep are tough- but as mema pat says, " This too shall pass."

Life would be boring if all of our kids were alike. Life would be boring if we knew everyday what it held. GG probably will be her old bad self tomorrow at 7 but today she sure was a sweet surprise. Sure was a warm cuddly change.

What if the good times were all that we had? What if everything was the same day after day?

1 comment:

  1. She sounds so much like Caroline. AJ will go right to sleep and be the perfect little boy, but Miss C has a mind of her own. Guess they are kindred spirits. Are they eating solids and stuff now????

    ReplyDelete