Monday, February 6, 2012

What if • day 3

In high school I had some great friends and just a few boyfriends. I was bad about getting serious and then would break up with them once it felt like a relationship. When I think back about the year or two year long relationships I think about what a waste of time they were. I was too young. I should have been out with friends, not dreaming my time away on some flighty love. It really does remind me of one of those snap shots that you look back on and say what was I thinking?! It's funny.

I chose guys that I needed to fix. My dad constantly reminded me that I was not a nurse or a purse but somehow I always found myself fixing them all. I met whit (my hubby) my sophomore year in high school. I tease him now that I thought he was a nerd. We had friends that knew each other but we never shared anything more than a hello. That summer I had a huge party at my parents house when they were out of town. He was there and I wasn't even aware. He told me years later. Guess it wasn't time for us?

4 or 5 years later I came home from college and needed a summer job. Ran into a guy that owned a tanning salon, said he was hiring, told me to go fill out an application. Whit worked there and I gave my completed app to him, asked him to put in a good word for me. He later told me he put my app at the top as they usually didn't sort through them all and just hired top 2-4 people. Whit and I began as friends, hanging out almost every day. I still thought he was nerdy, but super funny. Not totally my type.

What if we had one of those quick relationships back in early high school? The ones I was quick to run through? What if I had not come home that summer?

What if Whit had not been in my plan that God had for me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment