Sunday, February 5, 2012

What if • day 2

When we were kids we lived the typical life. My brother is four years older than me. He's older than me but our birth order is definitely off. I've always been very in control and very A type. This is very apparent in my every day.

When my parents divorced I was five. My brother struggled more than I did. He was angry and lashed out. He was in trouble a lot. I was your typical kid. Mema pat took over my care because I was not doing well in the house with my step- mom. There was no love in that house. I was also mema's shadow. She did everything for me. She bought me clothes, took me to dance, let me have slumber parties... She created the perfect life for me. She took me everywhere she taught me everything. However, deep down I was angry. I was sharp tongued, hard to please and not easy to get along with. Mema pat made sure I had lots of friends, went to church every Sunday, respected adults and was living with a sweet spirit. She made sure I was living the life of a little girl.

I'm a strong woman and like I always say his plan for me was written before I was born. He did not forsake me during that time. He gave me strength to be better and shaped me to do good and to love people despite their hatefulness.

What if Mema Pat had not raised me?

No comments:

Post a Comment