Monday, February 20, 2012

What if • day 17

I started writing this to share my feelings, not paint a picturesque view of what you want to hear. I think sometimes people have an idea of what your story is when in fact, they're misinformed. I've always been cautious of assuming that I know the day to day challenges someone faces.

I think when you have a blended family and not a nuclear family, the lines bleed on the way each relationship evolves. I've recently been criticized for sharing my story and it's unfortunate. Doesn't hurt my feelings, just confirms the quality of our relationship.

I won't stop being honest as this is my blog. I won't stop telling it the way I see it because it might hurt your feelings. The whole point of this space is to tell my story; You must want to hear it or you wouldn't be reading.

What if we weren't honest with ourselves? What if we got lost on what we wanted our stories to be? What if we passed judgement on others when we really had no idea what their story was?

2 comments:

  1. My sweet friend, Becki ~ I hate that you've been made to feel this way. I personally LOVE your posts and absolutely do not feel you've put any details out there that would be in appropriate. Families are complicated and oftentimes difficult - for sure - but, having been through some painful experience as well, I firmly believe God only permits or allows them so we can learn and grow from them. You've obviously done that...you're a fantastic wife, mother and friend and you've moved forward with Him, which is the most awesome thing of all. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has happened to me.. on facebook for everyone to see! Since then (which was I guess about 9 months ago) I have not spoken with my real dad, evil stepmom or my half sister. Truth hurts sometimes but lucky for me I've known it all along. It took a 15 yr old and her big mouth to find out the hard way. So being on your side of the fence my whole life- I say tell your story! If they get upset then they obviously have something to feel guilty about. And if you are anything like me, they have a whole lifetime of things to feel guilty about!

    ReplyDelete