Sunday, February 19, 2012

What if • day 16

I remember the way I felt those days after our last failed cycle. Sad. Confused. Free from the encouraging emails, texts and calls. Empty that the train ride I had been in line to ride for a month, was over.

My best friend Mindy was getting married and I wasn't going to miss one second of the fun. So, baby or not, I was ready to celebrate! I visited with old friends and while I was sad- Moo's joy far outweighed the weight in my heart. I had regrettably missed her bachelorette party because of a pivotal point in our last cycle and I wanted to make up for moments missed.

Placing the focus on a sure thing was easy. I loved my hot pink dress, her incredibly sentimental weekend and her precious and dear family(new and old). The Brits were here and for this brief moment, I never even thought about the pain that had its hands wrapped around me.

The weekend seemed long but was the escape I needed. Except for running into people who shared our infertility and wanted to talk shop, I really had no emotional moments. Those stupid drugs had made me an emotional mess.

One of Mindy's high school friends and I had a blast. It was fun to hang out and share our new "adult" lives with one another. We also spent a great deal of time with all of the British friends that came across the pond to celebrate Mindy & sweet Simon.

That weekend was a breath of fresh air and just what we needed before making our next big move.

What if there was no time to re-group? What if we made pivotal decisions without clearing our heads? Don't you think everyone needs a weekend to just blow off everything and get clear?

No judging on these pics... I told you I had fun and drank.. Ok maybe a little too much :) I deserved it...

1 comment: