Monday, November 28, 2011

Slices of the pie

Six months seems like a long time. Six months is one month shy of my entire pregnancy. Six months has been a blur. The babies were six months Sunday.

We have learned so much. We have learned to be parents, how to work together, how to be selfish at times and when to be selfless. I have learned a new sense of calm from a new friend. I have learned that I really can do it all. I can work, raise babies, cook and keep a house. It may not be what everyone expected but the whole pie is still on the table. The pieces are just cut a little differently.

Christmas is around the corner. Last year I made food gifts for family. This year I'm considering lands end monogramed bags to keep it simple. I wish we drew names. We have everything we need... Except for some formula and diapers!

I plan on keeping the holidays very simple. Less running here and there and more home hot chocolate and fires. More writing letters and less talking on the phone. My Christmas cards aren't even ordered... And I'm really not worried.

I hope everyone is happy and facing the holidays with joy in their step. In sure your also juggling the slices of the pie....












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment