Thursday, October 6, 2011

a delicate balance

I've always been a worker. I've always had drive. I've always wanted to make my own money. I've always wanted children. This year I have been fortunate enough to do all of the above. It's been a delicate balance and not an easy one. The triplets turned four months last week and working three days a week has proven difficult. Now, I am a multi-tasker but I almost laugh out loud when people so, "oh you get to stay home on Mondays and Fridays....I bet you get so much done?!" or " when they take their BIG nap can you do this or email me with that?"

Life is a juggle. I know people do it all the time. They work, they raise their kids, they cook dinner, they clean the house, they have a social life.....
Currently, I am doing all of those things, but at some point I imagine there is a breaking point...a time in which a person says I can't do it all. I thought I was balancing it all and then I received an email from HR saying that I was short about 10 or so hours from being considered full time and that in order to receive benefits I would need to work 37.5 hours. I know this could be for my particular job and not others but I remember very clearly my last two positions having to work a min of 20 hours in order to receive benefits and insurance...so that's what I assumed was the norm. Not true...so this creates another stress. I see my work as my passion but at some point, as passionate as I am...I may have to re-consider my priorities. Sad. Sad, that is has to be that way. Sad that push does come to shove.

I consider myself good at what I do and have built relationships and growth. I'm not saying now and maybe not ever, but I am seriously thinking that at some point..growth of a different kind will be key to my family. Funny how kids change everything..especially ones you begged God for.
I'm not worried as I know he will provide. I know he gave us three as part of his bigger plan. I know I am one of his children and so is my family. Please keep us in your prayers as we consider a bigger picture.

This weekend we head to the pumpkin patch. Stay tuned for some beautiful pics of our precious miracles. I imagine a little Mexican food or breakfast at Homestead will also be a part of this wonderful weekend.
Hope you have a good one with your family and friends.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment