Thursday, May 5, 2011

Seeing in 3D

Well tomorrow is our 3d/4d appointment. I always laugh at those because I would have made a terrible doctor. I am not really all that great at reading the ultrasounds, xrays or anything like it for that matter. However, I hope to be able to see some characteristics of us in them. There is this Dixie Chicks song. Both of the sisters, Emily Robinson and Martie Maguire struggled with infertility and they wrote this beautiful song about it. It's called So Hard and it's from the Long Road album. It gave me tons of strength when we were inside the tornado. They sing about not having the energy to prove everyone wrong and how it's so hard when it doesn't come easy. Those words always rang so loudly in my ears..but even louder was "My true ambition was to see a reflection of me and you"....Our appointment tomorrow reminded me of those lyrics. I cannot wait to see that reflection..even if I can't totally make it out ;)

My twin friend J has officially given the twins their eviction notice papers. She will officially give birth to A&C on May 18th if not sooner!!!! YAY J, you have made it so far and done so good! Proud of you. J keeps me posted on what to expect from week to week with multiples. She explains things and by the time I reach that point, I feel like- I got it! It's been a huge help.

Last night Whit worked late and went to guys night at the Lodge. I met a friend for dinner and she showed me some details of the new SCRAPBOOKS she is making the trips! OH MY, I cannot believe how cute they will be. Just the sample was PERFECT! She is so generous to take on such an enormous project for our sweet babies. I will never be able to thank her enough. I cannot wait to see the finished products.

Well, it looks like I only have 9-10 weeks left after Sunday. I am happy that this will be my first Mother's Day as a mom but sad that this chapter is nearing an end. Whit and I are pretty sure this will be it for us. I think maybe God planned that as well seeing that he gave us all three kiddos we desired, in one blessing. I would never want another child to feel left out but at the same time I am sad that the plan for now is to only be prego this one time :( All in God's plan though, not ours.

I am excited about this weekend. Not much planned. A lot of rest and relaxation. A lot of thoughts swirl around in my head. My mom died this year, I became a mom this year, my grandmother is thriving and my aunt KK is my rock....so many wonderful women. I am grateful. Blessed beyond words. Have a nice weekend everyone. Cooper is at the groomer- getting his summer shave. He plans on taking me to the pool for Mother's Day....since he is our eldest child and all.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment