Monday, May 9, 2011

TOO many BaBiEs to see......

Well we went for the 3D/4D ultrasound and much to our surprise- they were too big to be seen. You could make out limbs but for the most part it looked like you shoved 3 babies in a 12 inch clear balloon and spun it around to take a look. The other bad news was they all managed to hide one anothers faces....all we could make out was that they had a LOT of hair. Ha! So, no pics for you all...I was disappointed, but laughed all in the same breath....

Mother's Day was great. Friday night we went next door to my Aunt Karen's and Uncle Grant's for turkey burgers. It was so fun, unplanned and just a low key night...I totally desire those now..who am I fooling, I've always been a home body and have always enjoyed cooking at home. Saturday, Whit and I went for early morning pedicures, picked up some gifts at Lane's and picked up Bush's for lunch. I was starving-but when we finally ate, I ate one tender, some fries and a handful of fried okra- it's mind baffling to me.... We then sat around the pool with Kristin, Anna and Karen...it was so nice to again- do nothing at all. I love those weekends that are unplanned. Saturday night we went to Slippery Minnow with friends and ate some yummy food and enjoyed a band. I know Whit loves to get out so while it was not so fun being the prego one out- I loved being the DD :) LOL, I'm such a control freak I actually enjoy that role.

Sunday morning we woke up and Whit got ready for work and I got ready for church. Church was nice, it was about planting seeds in your life and watching them prosper long after your gone...worrying about your great grandchildren before you have children...being a legacy. I again couldn't help but think about my previous Mother's Days. They were sad and spent hiding out. I almost feel guilty about being so happy. Last year really seems like a blur. I can remember a cycle had just failed and I was a really sad girl. I don't remember going to church and I don't remember what I did with my family. I do remember asking God, when it would be my turn. I am so grateful to be where I am but infertility is such a scar to me.

I sat with my family and then we all went to Ridgewood for lunch. Whit was able to get away for an hour and meet us. This thrilled me- being my first unofficial Mother's Day and all. We ran into tons of friends and loved seeing everyone's babies. They are all growing up- too quickly. Whit went back to work and I went to lay in the sun with Jill. Then I went home and did a ton of laundry while the dogs acted like maniacs and rolled around in the warm towels. Whit came home and we went next door again for dinner. I think I ate a half of a watermelon.

Construction is going well. I could not be happier with our progress. On a low note, I am struggling in my head with how we will make it all work financially during the 2-3 months I am out, with no pay. Someone said the other day, "wow, if you can make it with no pay for 8-12 weeks, you should figure out a way to make it for good..." makes sense but all too much to ponder at this point.

Whit planted a lime tree for me for Mother's Day. I absolutely love it. My dad said we need to plant an olive tree. He said it takes 8 years to produce anything... I think I will do this for Whit's Father's Day gift. I love watching things grow and remembering the time in our lives that we planted them. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I am taking prego pics tonight with Charla Holmes...cannot wait. I want to remember this time in my life forever..and a day.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beck! Love the blog! Can't wait to meet your precious babies!!

    ReplyDelete