Sunday, December 8, 2013

<<Baby WE'VE come A LOng WaY>>


Today we...
Wake up and they patiently wait on breakfast to be made
Before
you had to prep breakfast and have it ready on the table or lots of crying ensued 



Today we...
they sit at the table like big kids with no special seats
Before 
they had a triplet table and then, a hook on booster seat



Today we .....
only take one nap
Before 
it was two naps ( until about 4 months a ago!)(it was pretty awesome)



Today we ....
do our own thing and play on our own
Before 
we needed constant attention and entertainment




Today we ...
take very little "amo" for an out to eat experience
Before 
we packed a lunch sack with 20 plus items for entertaining because three is hard!


Before we...
lived by a strict schedule
Today we still have a schedule but we are flexible with bed time.


Before I....
hated leaving whit alone on a bath night and wouldn't do that to anyone...
Now it's much easier and anyone can handle

Before you ...
couldn't leave the bathroom while they were in the bath
Now you can clean and straighten their room while they play.


Before people.... 
used to ask me how we did it 
now they ask me if we will have another.

Before we....
went through about 15 diapers a day
Now we just use three at nap and three at bed


Before....
 traveling sounded like a nightmare
Now I'm working on booking our summer trip

Before....
 memorizing bible verses seemed like a far off accomplishment
Now they ask for Jesus

Before....
 I felt like I was busy
Now I really am

Before I ....
wanted everything perfect all of the time-
Now I realized it was, the day we had them and we can't make it better than that

Before I ...
thought I loved whit
Now I don't know if I could love anyone more

Before I....
believed kids wouldn't change my life much
Now I know I was dumb

Before I ....
thought kids would enhance my life
Now I know they are my life

Before they ...
were frustrated and couldn't communicate their wants
Now they talk a mile a minute and we "get" about 90%

Before we ...
had lots of understanding friends
Now we have about a handful

Before I ...
tended to a lot of petty friends and unhealthy friendships.
Now I've moved on, forgiven them and myself and prayed for a loving God to give us all grace 

Before we ...
couldn't wait for a night out
Now we would rather be home with them

Before I...
 didn't think we would make it
Now, I know we will. 


Before I...
Didn't know why we were chosen to be parents to multiples
Now, I know exactly why


Before we...
Prayed for one kiddo
Now we pray that we give Him all the glory for giving us three.


Sleep tight friends, it's Christmas and the weather is cold and there is an awesome new coffee shop downtown. 

You take my mourning and turn it into dancing...
You take my weeping and turn it into laughing.....
You take my sadness and turn it into joy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment