Monday, August 26, 2013

Back 2 School



I've watched my feed lately on Instagram and all of the kiddos going back to school has brought lots of thoughts to my head. Mostly happy ones but some really sad ones too. I don't think I've ever even noticed back to school pics until this year.

Maybe it's because I'm crawling closer and closer to being in their shoes? Maybe it's because when we couldn't get pregnant I desperately avoided all media the week of back to school? Maybe I'm just soft in my old age. 

Whatever it is, I feel like fall is about to happen. You laugh but I feel like at any moment the wind might blow and the heat will disappear and maybe just maybe- I'll  get to drag my rain boots out of the closet! I'm ready.

Just because we aren't headed back to any kind of everyday school doesn't mean we aren't learning over here :) This year we have purchased a Christian based homeschool program for toddlers. Alissa will have weekly plans that include lots of learning as well as bible verse memory, arts and crafts, history, language and other important topics. I'm excited to see them grow this year. I feel like lately they have been like sponges, soaking up whatever we send their way.

Meet the teacher for our Mother's Day out program is this week and I'm excited for the three to continue with this wonderful program. I think they did so well this summer and the by the end of the summer gg would march in like it was her job. The boys adjusted and did great too. 

          First day of summer school



 Confident last day of summer school 

        Nap mat trial for fall school


Tonight we had beef stew and cornbread. Why wouldn't you eat that when its 102 out? Come on Fall, where are you? 

Happy school days friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment