Tuesday, June 4, 2013

c h a n g e is good



I'm awful at change. I've never been good at "following my heart" because I resist any sort of direction or push. I don't listen to God telling me his plan as often as I wish I did- as often as I should. This applies to major life decisions, friendships, as well as the day to day. 

Lately He has been working on my heart and pushing me in a direction I've fought. I've fought not wanting to accept defeat but I'm starting to see that it isn't defeat at all- it's opportunity. I think when we give up the fight on something we know isn't right/good for us- in comes growth. I feel the winds of change and today I'm welcoming that change. Welcoming the growth in that change and the freedom that comes with growth. Breathing easier knowing that it is a great decision for me and my family. Clarity. 


I see resistance in my kids, even at two. I think we resist anything out of the ordinary or the unknown. I also think it's in our nature to fight back against change a little even though our guts tell us- this is for the good. I also think change along the road is how we grow, learn and broaden our circle a little.




Lots of change this week. The triplets start school and yea- that's change I'm fighting. It may seem super natural and of course a much needed socialization- but also, control that I am giving up. Trusting in others to love my kids. Trusting them to not harm them. Trusting them to see them as children and to always do right by them. I'm also really excited for them because I know Becker will watch others and learn to stand up for himself a little better. I know Riggs will be his usual cautious self but at the same time learn to take turns and to share with kids outside of his triangle. Oh and gg, well, that girl will learn to be without her comfort circle and learn to trust others and to make friends when we aren't around. {she has no plans of napping while there}

Last weekend was a good one. We had a patio date night after the kids hit the sack and went to a couples shower Saturday night. Sunday, whit made a pallet, skipped church and loved on the 3 while it poured rain- while i went to church. we spent the afternoon in the backyard playing in all things water.

This weekend is Father's Day and I cannot wait to celebrate Whit.  A dad that works a lot, misses a lot of time with his kids, never complains and loves us all, a whole lot. He is good and we plan to squeeze every drop of love out of him this Sunday to prove it. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the heat and taking some time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment