Monday, May 27, 2013

Twenty Four Months


Today the triplets turned two. It was a day of celebration and a weekend filled with everything Riggs, Becker and Gianna. They were fun and while they didn't know it was their birthday- they knew something was special about the weekend.



I'm tired. I've lost my voice and my asthma is giving me a bad time but their party left me feeling a rush of the last two years- a trophy if you will. We made it- all five of us have survived another year. They've learned to walk. They've learned to talk. They've learned who people are. They've learned boundaries. I've learned who we are as parents and who we are not. I've learned my boundaries and while I still wonder how all this happened so fast- I'm settling into this beautiful life. I get it now. I think I gain more understanding each day. It's good. 



So as I turn off the lights tonight I'm reminded once again that the third time is a charm. I'm so grateful for the power of fertility and so grateful that we kept pushing. I'm grateful for this sweet miracle of three. Thank you God. Thank you for these blessings. 


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Every single word. So honored to know you, sweet neighbor. xo

    ReplyDelete