Thursday, June 27, 2013

American Blogger



Sometimes when I blog I think about everything I want to say and how I don't because a. I don't want to offend anyone b. I know sometimes people are reading this for the wrong reasons and searching for reasons to criticize and c. It just feels so exposed. Then I laugh and think, "we'll isn't that the whole point?" Isn't that what blogging is all about? There is this guy{husband of popular blogger Casey Wiegand} who is doing a tour in a beautifully remodeled airstream. The tour is called American blogger. 



I've been crazy with following him as well as all of the bloggers he is tapping into. Completely amazing. The journey. What he must be learning about these families, about these moms about these little lives sprinkled all over- just telling their stories. Seems so basic yet so complex to me. When I think about my blog and the history of it and the words on the paper{um screen}I never really consider the content other than hopefully providing some hope, some help with multiples, a laugh maybe and every now and then a good idea. But these bloggers, wow- incredible stuff here guys. Go check them out and see what the Wiegands are up to! His movie will be an incredible see.

In our house this week, there has been a lot of jumping in the cribs, too hot to go outside, dinners at 8 after the kids are in bed and dare I say- stress. Yep, stress. Short fuses, tired stories of much needed change. I wish I had this great uplifting scenario to chill out but I'm feeling a lot like day 16 of a trip when you were ready to go home on day 6 and the airline just lost your luggage. So what do I do when this is my Thursday? I make plans that include joy. 






This weekend I plan to go see a movie, let the kids play outside even though its heat stroke 100's, eat more than one Popsicle because that's just good, hit the farmers market and buy that $6 loaf of bread because its SO dang good, take my kids out to eat even though they are at a hard age and act like crazies, take a nap, read a magazine and map out my Fourth of July plans and neighborhood 4th food gifts we plan to give. So there stress- take that. 


Last week I made this super basic chicken salad and it was incredible!
2 rotisserie chickens- I used only breast meat but if you like dark meat use it too!
2 or 3 cups mayo Helmanns (depends on how you like it I like 2 and prefer a dryer version)
1 cup diced red grapes
1/2 green onions minced
1/2 chopped pecans
Salt and pepper 
Sprinkle on top-paprika

Chop chicken mix all together well. This is so basic, so quick and awesome when having friends over for a quick swim. I also made store bought carrot cake muffins added 1/2 golden raisins and 1/2 chopped pecans. Huge hit!

Before I close wanted to give a shout out to alissa over at oh Ollie! I just bought this precious pinafore for gg for the fourth! Go get one! She is only making six more! Perfect for the rest of the summer!

Have a good one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment