Monday, January 7, 2013

After church clothes

When I was a kid we went to church almost every Sunday. I loved a routine and loved spending the night with mema pat and doing the whole rush around Sunday morning, Sunday lunch, after church clothes and rest of the day was yours-routine. You know.. The whole I praised Him and I feel really good about our relationship and how full my belly is and.... Where are my after church clothes?

If you didn't go you were still in your pajamas and you felt like a slob and when I was a kiddo I often thought God was disappointed in my attendance(still do). In our house if we didn't go to church, we didn't get to go out for lunch- and as a kid- you might as well have told me the whole day was shot! I still feel this way.

Lately we have done really well with our Sunday routine. Whit works Sunday's so he does the early rush with me, goes to church in his own separate vehicle, helps me get them loaded to go home and he heads to work. It's a lot, but we do it. Sometimes it's almost comical and sometimes once that praise music hits my ears- I'm renewed.

Today we were running late. GG had to be changed twice because her clothes were too big, my tights were awkward, it felt like the heat in our house was on 90 and at one point it would have been so easy(I assure you I wouldn't have had any arguments) to say, forget this, let's lounge today. But no. Whit surprised me and had told me late last night that this Sunday he was taking off- and it would not be wasted!!

We marched on in 11 minutes late and a sweet lady found us perfect seats. In our church about 40% of the congregation raises their hands during praise. Becker has seen this before but today he noticed. He immediately put his palm toward Jesus and I couldn't believe this sweet boy. GG people watched and Riggs danced. This Momma's heart was full.

After church we took stew/cornbread to a sweet family who just had their 2nd bundle of {boy}. He was edible. The kids and whit were in the car so I only loved on him for a bit, but, wow. He was so perfect. The mood was perfect. Just how it should be. She looked radiant. That good momma feeling washed over me with no warning at all.

Then we ran to target, home for some lunch necessities and called my family to meet at Ninfa's. After an easy going lunch we took them to the mall. They played at the mini play area and then since there was no one there- they walked literally half the length of the mall. Gianna tried to shoplift in build a bear, they couldn't believe the lights or the mannequins or the sheer freedom they were experiencing. It was so good.

We returned home and as they went down for their nap I put on my after church clothes. They are even better now, now that I'm making these choices. 2013 is full of choices. I want to be more conscious of what I choose for my children, who I choose to spend time with and more importantly, spending more time being quiet with God. I also want to sculpt my children into feeling that time of praise is- just what we do.

Saying "amen" is where we will start tomorrow.





















No comments:

Post a Comment