Monday, December 3, 2012

A grateful heart

I'm not sure if it's the season or that the triplets are nineteen months now, but I've been thinking a lot about their hearts. What they feel and how they express that is important to me. I want them to love one another. I want them to be grateful for what they have and to have joy pouring out of them. I want God to be first and I want them to have a love that is deep.

Last week I was in Atlanta for work. On the second day I received a call that Riggs had thrown up. We contributed it to a new cough medicine and didn't give it much more thought. By midnight however, I was throwing up and by 2am I was on the phone with Alissa while I wandered the halls of my hotel searching for a sprite. We both had it, and it was bad. By morning all three babies had it as well. Whit was the sole survivor in this battle and the ruins were left for him...

I was unable to fly and he took over after Alissa had to give in and go to bed. The babies were changed, cribs were given a cleaning over haul, sheets were changed 100 times, jello and crackers became a staple and our house turned into survival mode. I wondered if the babies saw this change. I wondered if the extra tlc and rocking went unnoticed. Sure they are only babies, but they recognize kindness. I want this to continue. When they see our relationships, I want them to recognize good and feel that and share that. I want their hearts to be full, of gratitude.

I flew home Friday and alissa kept them up a few minutes longer. They were exhausted and this was no easy challenge. I got to put them in their cribs. I was grateful for three babies, three cribs, a good daddy, a sweet, good, (recovered), Alissa, and sweet family members that carried the burden once again. When the babies eye's met mine.. I could see gracefulness in their eyes too.

The weekend brought rest. Lots of crackers, Gatorade, some lime sherbet and even some potato soup. We ate little, slept a lot and didn't get out of our pajamas. It was good.

Today was work as usual. Everyone is better and adjusting to not being held 100% of the time. They are not so grateful for this....

I hope you are bug free and have a grateful heart.









No comments:

Post a Comment