Sunday, November 18, 2012

Recharged

I went to Houston this weekend. Whit had the triplets all to himself. I went with a friend to another friends parents house. They were the most perfect southern family that you could imagine. Sweet, welcoming and the restful weekend was all that is was promised to be.

We slept in, went to see twilight, ate cheese grits, bisquits and gravy and the most incredible chocolate bundt cake I've ever eaten. It was bliss. We ate and ate and I had so much fun. I'm re-charged and feel oh so great. I love being a wife and mom , but i also love being me. It was nice that someone else in the house was the momma. Thanks girls.

So it was business as usual back at the shepherd house this afternoon. GG couldn't believe her luck when I scooped her up after her nap. She held on tighter than usual. The boys couldn't stop bringing me things. After dinner they had forgotten all about me being gone. We did baths then jammas. We then went for a quick visit next door to see recovering Uncle Grant. Then it was night night time. We sang our songs and turned off the lights.

So now it's my bed time. I'm awake, recharged and alive with thoughts of the week. I'm not falling into bed half asleep like usual but thinking about this beautiful week of Thanksgiving. My very favorite. So grateful and so blessed and so happy we have a day when everything stops and we are given grace for our busy schedules and lives and allowed to give thankfulness all we've got.

Tonight, as I think about what the week holds with work, being a mom, wife, friend, niece, granddaughter, coworker, I'm happy to have a fresh set of batteries. As I listen to my hubby snore, I'm thankful to have 6 beating hearts under one roof. All hearts that make my world spin so bright. I'm thankful and ready for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment