Sunday, August 5, 2012

Seasons of change

I remember when they were in the nicu how it felt like the world outside was spinning and ours was standing still. Fathers day came and went, the fourth of July came and went but we focused on our three so intently that seeing transitions and growth was our only sight.

I remember we took them to the zoo when they were four or five months old and how they slept the entire time. It's so funny to me now- they had no clue. I also remember the thousands of walks we took in the winter and spring. I remember bundling them up and making sure their ears were covered. I remember the way our house smelled and what music was playing. I don't want to forget the seasons that changed while they were settling into our lives and we were adjusting to their needs.

Now that everyone is mobile and steps are becoming apparent, I'm excited about what's next. I'm excited about walks that they enjoy, zoo trips that excite them and the smell of our house in the fall. Lately, the summer heat has zapped us of any outdoor activities and the air conditioning is our place of choice.

We have loved the summer but I feel like we are ready for the transition. The fall of leaves, the colors changing and something baking in the oven. I'm ready for more play time, less naps and them understanding me more.

They've started mimicking us. I love it. They think I'm the funniest person in the world-all the time. They want me all the time. I know this won't last forever and for right now- I'm soaking up every last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment