Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Beat your best

At work we've been discussing and planning 2013. A lot of discussion on goals and obstacles and the path to beating our best. Today we defined what that would look like.

Everyone described the perfect scenario. On the way home I couldn't help but to apply this to all of my thoughts. What does beating your best mean? What commitments would that entail?

If we beat our best at work, at home, with our children, in our marriages and in our relationships and friendships... What would that look like? Lol this feels like a Jerry Maguire moment... But it really made me think. It made me realize that doing a really good job requires planning.

Now, being triplet mom, I'm always in plan mode but I've often said its hard to enjoy the good times because of all the planning it took me to get there. But now I am seeing that if I break my plan down and see why something didn't work- I can plan better and enjoy the moments more. This means enjoying life more and living in that moment of good because hard work got you there.

I want to beat my best. They make me want to do my best. I want to be the best mommy, wife and friend and at work- I wanna save more babies. In a nutshell that's what it looks like. It's that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment