Sunday, May 27, 2012

One Whole Year- Happy 1st Birthday Shep Trips

Today was the day. The day, one year ago that our lives changed forever in the most amazing way. I remember the day, as much as the docs and the meds ;) would let me. I remember the fear that washed over my friends, family and whit. I remember crying and saying 29 weeks and 2lbs was not "ideal".... I think that was the preparation for my not so "ideal" year.

This year has been joy, endurance, patience, hope, prayer filled, and LOVE-has seriously run over in our home. The feeders, the constant donation of diapers, the support from friends who have been here- and from friends that have no idea, "but can only imagine"...we feel whole.

One whole year and a wholeness in our marriage and family that I could never type. The sadness we felt with no kids always brought comments like, "maybe it's not meant to be and maybe you will enjoy a child-free home once you accept it"... I'm glad I never rested. I'm glad I never accepted it. I'm glad I drained our accounts and borrowed massive amount of money.. These three were worth it 100 times over.

Sure those first 3 months home were brutal but the prize at the end... Oh guys, you really have no idea. This multiples thing is like non-other. Being a mom is exactly what I thought it would be- but three times better. When they are all crying and want to be held- it's mad around here but to put three littles to bed singing Jesus Loves Me, one after the other...it's the cheese on a burger.

I miss my freedom. I miss the care-free schedule I once led- but being a mom is a much more freeing feeling. I'm in charge of little lives and I want to give them all the good I have.

My infertile friends are still in my thoughts. That agony and the scars have not left my side. I hope my joyful tune is welcomed with a sense of encouragement.

This entire weekend has been great. Yesterday was their first birthday party. Today we did pancakes for breakfast, lunch at newks with daddy and friends, pool and a BBQ. Tomorrow mommy and daddy get a little time off.

Happy birthday to my sweet 3. You have no idea how much You were wanted, prayed for and loved-even before your arrival. What a whole year brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment