Thursday, March 1, 2012

What if • day 21

This is hokey but leap year made me think about the lack of time in my life. I keep thinking if only there was more time in the day, the night, the week. Whit got home last night at 10:15 from work.

He missed the dinner routine and the bed time routine and I texted him a video of GG laughing at me whispering. It made my heart hurt that he hadn't seen them all day. I understood and there were no hard feelings- its just the way that it goes. But, it made me wish for more time in the day. It made me wish for more time with him, more time to love on my babies and more time to get things done.

I can't lie- no matter how much sleep I get- I want more. If I had more time in the day I would definitely sleep more too! But if someone really offered me two more hours in the day what would I do with it?

Would I go see that friend I have been putting off for months? Would I take time to call my overseas friend that I miss so much? Would I go to the store and actually get everything on my list instead of the five emergency items?Would I take another walk outside with the triplets? Would I read them another book? Would I make a more elaborate dinner other than the usual turkey burger or taco salad? Would I return the 12 messages that are in my voicemail cue?

What if the day was 26 hours instead of 24?

No comments:

Post a Comment