Thursday, February 16, 2012

What if • day 13

I'm not always thrilled with our health care system or insurance but I'm thankful that we have the freedom and the choices that as Americans, we are given.

I know that when our three were born at 29 weeks there was no other place I would have rather been other than the in the US. I felt safe knowing that they would save my babies. They would do everything in their power to save them.

I also felt like the insurance world was/is a hectic place. There have been piles of bills and some I have no idea if they are even correct- BUT they have provided for us. I'm thankful that as Americans we are given opportunities. Opportunities to better our lives.

On the flip side, I don't always agree with what they cover and what they don't. I think it's silly to only cover $500 of a $1900 RSV vaccine that prevents a hospital stay that could cost $40,000. But it all goes back to what we do have.

What if our hospital was a dirt floor, dirty windows, unsterilized and not operating off of an open-ended money solution? What if there was no health care system at all and whatever you needed/would receive was based on what you had in your bank account period?

No comments:

Post a Comment