Tuesday, January 3, 2012

No topping 2011

Like a five year old I'm dusting my hands. I'm all done with the Ball and I've never been more happy about it. It was a huge success but the strains it put on me were far more trying than ever before. I just thought I was tired. Working 14 hour days used to be followed up with days in bed... Even 15 hour stretches of sleep. This year that was not the case.....

Thankfully ms. Alissa gave me the gift of sleeping in on new years. It was much appreciated. I never got out of my pajamas. In fact, I wore them to the movie. We went on a walk. It was cold but so pretty out. Mema pat made yummy new years lunch. Best day in a long time.

My schedule has been hard. Demanding, taking everything and offering little in its place. Makes me miss the three littles and miss being their mommy when I am away. Makes me visit the "what am I doing" place in my heart. Work will always be... But these three I have prayed for- will grow up, fast.

There was a time before I got pregnant when I read my friends blog. It was the end of the year recount of all and had been through in the world of fertility. I kept thinking crap, I'm going to have to write this.... This many friends who are pregnant, this many baby showers that I'm invited to, this many failed cycles. Such a hard year, such a year of pain. A really harsh reflection. Last year I was barely pregnant... I had just found out our twins, were in fact, triplets. I'm proud to say this year has been filled with more answered prayers, more of Gods work, grace and goodness. I feel so lucky to be one of his children and so blessed to be able to say, "look at these miracles he has entrusted to us!!" 2011 brought me three babies. I'm excited to watch them grow but to be honest.. I don't know how 2012 could even think about topping 2011.

3 comments:

  1. for some reason i am never able to comment on your blog but i ALWAYS want to!! i LOVE how your heart is SO full of gratitude all the time!! i LOVE how you are just so keenly aware of just how blessed you are!! you are right right RIGHT about how quickly these precious days go & to want to suck the marrow right out of them!! life is SUCH a gift & you are doing awesome, mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this...loved looking at all those pictures, each making me smile! 2012 will be one of the best yet because these babies are going to grow and amaze you EVERYDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete