Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

It's nap time in our house and because there are three you tend to run out of rooms to stash everyone. Becker is in his swing in our room, GG fell asleep in the living room in a swing and Riggs.. Well of course he is in his crib. So, I'm sitting in the living room daring one of these dogs to hick up, let alone bark. It's quiet and all that is on is the fireplace and the oven. Feels like Christmas.

I think about what this year has given us and how time is precious. God gives us so much and we are trusted to care for his children and to manage our time to please him. There is a crowder song that's called how he loves us. There is a lyric that says "if his grace is an ocean, we're all sinking" wow. I stand in awe of his grace. He had this amazing plan for us all along? He knew Riggs, Becker and Gianna were going to be ours?!


I am looking forward to church and holding my babies while singing silent night(might be more screaming that singing since this is nap time). I remember this being the hardest each year. Each year i would fight back tears as I watched moms hold their babies. When we would sing silent night, i felt like everyone was starring at me. This year I have a heart that spills joy. Thank you God.

Thank you for giving us your son and forgiving us of our sins. Thank you for granting miracles in our lives everyday. Thank you for such a beautiful and joyous Christmas season where we are all reminded of the reason we praise you. It's so easy to get lost, and then, you remind us once again-you were there all along.

Please be with my friends today Lord that are in pain. I had lunch with a dear friend yesterday and despite her beautiful faith in you she is struggling. Place your hands on her as she celebrates christmas with a heavy heart.

Stay warm everyone and have a wonderful Christmas!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment