Saturday, October 22, 2011

The plan.

Im a constant planner. I plan my weeks, my weekends, my holidays, events(for a living) and if you hang out with me, I'll plan yours too! I make myself practically crAZy with all of the structure. This has increased with the triplets. I am always planning the entire day, down to the minute.

So, as we enter these winter months and the holiday season I am making a vow to not plan! I'm not saying not ever, but I am saying that I plan (see, there I go again) to make a conscious effort of not being so planned. I want to enjoy more of my kids and more of the time Whit and I have not working, and just BE.

You see, I don't want to miss one day of this. Not one hour wasted on planning..to the point where you just can't live in the moment. 

Right now the babies are napping and I had no plan for today. They napped easier, I got a lot done and we are just enjoying the Saturday. I took Gianna to Roots and the boys stayed with Whit. We came home for lunch and they all went down....I can't tell you how nice it is to have an unplanned weekend :) 

I guess with us both working so much, it's nice just to all be together and not think about "what next"?!
I want to enjoy their every smile, their every giggle and their every moment......I don't want to miss anything.

I remember being so upset the night before they were born...that the plan was not happening the way I pictured it....they were too soon....but now more and more I am realizing..it's in his plan and no matter how hard we try to plan for anything....it's not up to us. I think as it gets colder I will step away from the calendar and leave the planning to him. I think I will enjoy every walk, every hot chocolate chip cookie and every phone call as if it's my last. I want to take it all in, with no plan at all.

post signature

1 comment: