Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The trips are growing like weeds!

Today we went to the doc and saw the three munchkins again. It's funny, you face so much rejection and hear so many no's during the infertility struggle that when things are actually going well- you wait for the other shoe to drop. So before each appointment I let negativity get the best of me. All for nothing!

I think each appointment makes me stronger and confirms that God has a plan for these three babes. Each day I am almost moved to tears by how our story is turning out. I mean, this could still be a daily struggle. We could still be chasing that, "let's do one more ivf and it will work." I am relieved to be off that train but my heart still aches for those still riding. It's a feeling that never leaves you. I guess when you fight for anything that long you are left with scars.

I can't wait to tell these kids one day how hard we fought and many tears were shed the day after Thanksgiving when we found out we were pregnant. How appropriate, Thanksgiving. It was my favorite holiday and over the last Four years-the hardest holiday. I guess I will have to claim it a fav again.

We originally transferred three eggs. The embryologist said the 3rd didn't look good and more than likely wouldn't stick-guess we had a fighter. That feels like yesterday, and as we pass the three month marker- it feels much safer to get down the road. Looking forward to finding out what the sexes are.

Our appointment was perfect today. I cant believe we can see so much already. Those heartbeats blow my mind. I still can't believe this is happening to us, that it was actually our turn. I am forever grateful to Dr.Selah and his team and of course God for holding their hands and giving them the knowledge.

4 comments:

  1. You make me so happy. I am thrilled that they are doing so well. What are their heartbeats? It is hard to believe that your family of 7 will be a family of 10 by June-July. God is good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the sweet comments girls ;) Julia, the heartbeats were still rapid, 150, 155 and 160. He said they would probably remain high since there is trips. Lol, please Lord, let their be a mix of sexes and not a bunch of rowdy boys or girls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfectly said...can't wait to meet those babies that we've been praying for!!!

    ReplyDelete