Friday, November 29, 2013

Three years ago. Today.

Today is my favorite day of the year. It used to be on thanksgiving. I'm in love with cooler temps and how everyone is in a thankful mood. But three years ago on this very day, thankful couldn't begin to describe what went down in our bathroom. 

It was day eight of our third and final fertility cycle. I was a mess(inside) at thanksgiving and had spent the day at a friends family thanksgiving instead of my own family's because I couldn't handle all of the questions. 

We came home and I wanted the night to hurry up so in the am I could test. I was going to secretly test because I knew whit would be mad that I was rushing the process. I thought that this was a sign that he wanted to prolong the inevitable- that it would be negative, again. 

Normally you wait for the doctor blood test and then watch the levels go up to secure a positive but I was convinced that my friends has tested on day 8 and I couldn't wait any longer for my news either. I woke up at 4:30 with an extremely full bladder. In the dark I fumbled  around with the test trying not to wake whit. I ruined the test by peeing too much!!! Humored and defeated I slipped  back into bed. That was my last test of my pack of 100. Yep, us infertile girls buy in bulk. 

My eyes popped open at 7 am. Whit was already staring at me. I told him I tested. I told him I really wanted to test again and he quickly said " yes, I agree." I couldn't believe my ears. He jumped out of bed threw on some clothes and went and got me two new tests. We hurried into the bathroom and I patiently peed on the first stick. We waited the allotted time and there was only one line :( - not two that would signify a pregnancy. I was crushed. I knew that if that line didn't show up at all that day, it more than likely wouldn't appear on day nine or ten. I said, " I never get two lines whit, I never will." He said, "wait!!! There are two lines!!!" I called my aunt crying so hard she thought someone was hurt. I said, " we're pregnant, we're pregnant, we're pregnant"!

Can you even believe how faint that second one is? And there it is folks, my favorite day. Can you blame me? 

So ever since that day three years ago I have deemed the day after thanksgiving my favorite day. Today was filled with my favorite things: the shepherd triplets, an awesome scarf from lulu lemon, some yummy new perfume , went to see a movie(frozen, the trips first movie!) and got set up on the couch with a yummy dinner and Christmas vacation ( and pecan pie!)




It was perfect. I am thankful. I am blessed. Three years ago today changed our worlds forever and I'm pretty crazy about the day. It's more than a holiday for me. It's more than a celebration. It's my favorite day out of all of the days there ever were before. 






No comments:

Post a Comment