Sunday, July 15, 2012

Saturday Night Live

When I was nine a weekend highlight was watching SNL in Mema Pat's bed. I would intentionally ask a friend to spend the night on Fridays but not Saturdays so not to miss the weekend ritual. This continued for years and even into my college years a favorite Saturday night was dinner out with Mema and her bed for SNL.

She usually ironed and I usually got set up with a down comforter and some weird food. I remember the care free feeling I had and the grounded feeling I had. I also remember that even back then a schedule was something I loved :)

Last night I went to the movie with some girls after I put the babies down. Becker has had a bug so I wanted to put them all down and make sure all was good before I left. Whit had a night of tv watching planned as he was also recovering from a bug.

After the movie I came home and heard SNL on our tv. It made me smile. Made me think of how we can do something every Saturday and then life changes and we pick up another "habit". I was so tired that I didn't watch one skit... But hearing it in the background was oh so comforting..

I hope when I'm 50 I start watching SNL again. Maybe I'll iron too.

No comments:

Post a Comment