Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shine your light....

 
Matthew 5:4 - Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted

Send me a sign, a hint, a whisper
Throw me a line 'cause I am listening
Come break the quiet, breathe Your awakening
Bring me to light 'cause I am fainting

Surround me with a rush of angels wings

Shine Your light so I can see You
Pull me up, I need to be near You
Hold me, I need to feel love
Can You overcome this heart? Let's overcome

You sent a sign, a hint, a whisper
Human divine, heaven is listening
Death laid love quiet in the night stirring
All around a rush of angels

Shine Your light so I can see You
Pull me up, I need to be near You
Hold me, I need to feel love
Can You overcome this heart? Let's overcome

Oh, the wonder of the greatest love has come

Shine Your light so all can see it
Lifted up 'cause the whole world needs it
Love has come what joy to hear it
He has overcome, He has overcome


These David Crowder lyrics have been playing over and over in my head since Sunday. Sunday a friend of mine lost her husband. We weren't close friends. But close enough to love one another. (Close enough to feel a great amount of pain for her.) We worked together for about 3 years, got engaged while working together, shared wedding plans and shared each others joys of being in love. I met her huband then and got to know them as a couple. They loved deep. They loved without hesitation, without boundaries, unconditional. They loved their friends and family the same way. Even though She was younger than me, I learned in those few years that she was a true example of a Christian. I was proud to have met them.  A month ago she brought us dinner after we brought the trips home. She brought a meal but she also brought a loaf of bread, milk, diapers and wipes. All the things we were going through like water. I was in a hurry that day. I briefly listened to her re-cap what had been going on in their lives. And now, I am sad I didn't listen closer. We had no idea that would be the last conversation that we spoke about her family in that mind set. Now, lives are forever changed. I have no words.  She never spoke one ill word about him, never questioned their love. Just really great people. Such examples.

I plan on going to the visitation and the funeral. I plan on taking her food. I sincerely cannot get her out of my head. The ocean of sadness just keeps washing over me because I know she hasn't stopped crying since Sunday afternoon. She is strong and I know will go on....I just can't make sense of such a horrific tragedy. I keep putting myself in her shoes. It's completely unimaginable. Completely.  I am thankful that she has a beautiful family and a strong friend support system to carry her and her little girl.

Please pray for her. Please pray that she will laugh again and that he can give her a sign that he made it. Pray that her heart is full of happiness and love during the holidays knowing that he is with God and that her little girl has such a wonderful mother. Please pray that God shines his light into them and makes them whole again.
Psalm 31:9 - Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't believe it! We went to school with Scott but with him being a year below us we didn't know him.. just knew of him. I can't stop thinking about them either & all the what ifs. I couldn't imagine & couldn't begin to put myself in her shoes. I hope she finds some comfort in the coming days & months. I did not hear but I hope her and Presley have recovered from their injuries. Many prayers to them & the entire family.

    ReplyDelete